Thursday, July 15, 2010

Everlasting, unfailing, undeserved LOVE

Here I am, about to write my first blog and I am not even sure exactly what I will write about. However, there is one thing that I am totally sure of... I AM LOVED and SPECIAL TO GOD!! When I stop and take a moment to realize how much I am loved I am almost embarrassed. In a very awkward way I brush off the feelings that spring up in my heart when I imagine the Father's love for me. Kind of the way you feel when someone tells you nice things about yourself, especially in front of other people. You are like "Aww, shucks, c'mon stop that!" You may even blush.

We live in a place where we are not often told "GREAT" things about ourselves. The world is always pointing a finger at our short comings, or our inability to meet their standards. We even tend to point fingers at ourselves.

However, the GOD of the universe who truly knows ALL things about us, constantly points out the things He loves about us. He is always ready to share His unfailing love and endless good thoughts toward us.

Psa 40:5

Many, O LORD my God, [are] Your wonderful works [Which] You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; [If] I would declare and speak [of them], They are more than can be numbered.


He who really has the right to point the finger, He who knows our deepest darkest short comings does not condemn.

Rom 3:23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,


WHY?

Why does He love me?

Deu 7:7 The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples;


He loves me not because of me, but JUST BECAUSE!

HOW?

How can He continue, even when I continually fall short?

Jer 31:3 The LORD has appeared of old to me, [saying]: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you.


His LOVE is everlasting, it is not based on my actions, sacrifices, services or attitudes.

I find myself so thankful today! I find myself overwhelmed to the point of tears, that the PURE Faithful Savior chose to love an unlovable me, and HE CONTINUES!

May my heart receive all that HE has for me today... and my it ABOUND in my heart so much so that my MOUTH will always SPEAK OF IT!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful reminder of HIs love, Dawn!

    "May my heart receive all that HE has for me today... and my it ABOUND in my heart so much so that my MOUTH will always SPEAK OF IT!"

    I love that! I want to receive all He has, too. It is more than we could ever ask or imagine!!!

    Welcome to the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete